Wednesday, June 3, 2009

DITTO - BALD MT SUMMIT




HIKERS: Amy, Isa the dog
SUMMIT TIME: 1 hr 45 min
RT TIME: 3 hr 20 min
ELEVATIONS: 5900 ft - 8464 ft
DISTANCE: 9.2 miles RT
WEATHER: 50 F - 70 F, nice breeze & sunny

AMY'S NOTES: You know you love your dog when you let her drink from the same camelback. Once again a beautiful morning in Sanpete - we seem to have an endless supply and I have yet to tire of them. The flowers were out in abundance this morning and I've decided my favorite part of this hike is near the top when you step out of a steep narrow oak section and walk into the wide expansive view of the rounded sagebrush top. In the early morning the sun lights everything up from behind including the zillions of swarming mosquitoes. (Aside: I was laughing at myself while thinking how much easier this was than the last time I did this in Jan with no snow shoes...)

1 comment:

going gordon said...

Yay! You are awesome! See you Friday...